So, finally, I've taken the leap and gone on to the "Week 2 Workout" in RYBO. This has consisted of walking for four minutes/jogging (no faster than your walking pace) for one minute. So far, so good. I was having horrible shin splints when I first started out, but after seeking advice from seasoned runners, I have learned that all I needed to do was change my running route (and "ice, ice baby!"). Typically, I hit the streets in my neighborhood, but as I reside in a notoriously "hilly" section of my city, I had to find an alternative. Fortunately, there is a beautful "rail trail" in a neighboring community not too far from where I live. This trail is TOTALLY flat, not to mentioned tree-lined and traffic-free. Shin splint problem = solved.
As far as dieting, well, I'm down nearly 4lbs. I can't remember the last time that I had success with a weight loss effort. I have joined and been using the Weight Watchers Points Plus Program in addition to following the RYBO exercise program. The weight loss has been gratifying - but even more so, is how I feel after a walk/run. I really think that I'm Finally hitting my stride.
This is a post that I completed in May 2011 that I neglected to post. Since I'm back to blog a little more, I thought I'd post this and move on from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment